Monday, August 22, 2011

Boredom

I'm bored.  I find myself checking and rechecking my email.  So far I've gotten alot of Groupon and Living Social deals, new ads from Levi's, Coldwater Creek and OshKosh by Gosh and my daily Freekibble Dog and Cat quiz. I keep hoping for something interesting.  There are lots of things I could be doing - I just don't want to do them.

It's the 22nd of August and about 66 degrees, windy and raining.  It seems I just start to get into the swing of tank tops, shorts and flip-flops and the next day I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.  Yesterday was well into the 80's - we had neighbors over for dinner on the back deck for fresh caught salmon and s'mores around the fire pit for dessert.  I have never considered living somewhere else before - but this summer(?) has me thinking. 

I think I have a mild form of S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and this lack of summer hasn't helped to get me out of the winter doldrums.  We haven't had more than two or three days in a row of sunshine.  When I got up this morning and saw the gray - my anticipation of the day dropped and along with it my activity level.

My husband has been out mowing the grass around the barn in the pouring rain most of the day and is now vaccuuming up the grass he tracked in.  Soon he will head into the kitchen to cook dinner....

I think I'll go check my email....

No comments:

Post a Comment