Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Good Old Days

When I was a child - I didn't question... I just did.  It was easier that way.  My mind may have been screaming 'this doesn't make sense' but my head was nodding in agreement as the tears rolled. 
When I was a teen - I questioned everything.  There weren't many issues I couldn't take the contrarian point of view.  My mind may have been screaming 'don't say it' but the words were already on their way out.
When I was a young adult - I learned when to question and when to nod in agreement.  My mind may have been screaming things at me, but I just pushed them down and did what was 'expected'.
As an 'older' adult - my head is quieter, most of the time.  Still, sometimes I question and sometimes I nod - depends on how important it is...to me.  I'm learning to listen to my gut more and my head less. 
I guess maybe this blog is just a way to throw what's rattling around in my brain out there and see what comes back.
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment