Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Relationships: The condition or fact of being related; connection or association.

I'm not very good at relationships.  I'm learning...  I heard someone once say that they needed their 'closet' time.  I think that's a pretty good analogy.  I feel best when no one wants or needs anything from me.  Then I get to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, the way I want to do it.  That doesn't usually work real well in relationships... unless of course you're footing the bill. 
Take smoking - I smoke.  There is a love/hate relationship between me and smoking.  I'm addicted, so the act of smoking brings relief as well as self-loathing and fear of physical consequences. 
Just like people... I really love people - having them around brings me pleasure, for a short period of time.  It helps me get out of my head and actually interact with others.  But after they're gone I sit and think of all the things I probably should or shouldn't have said.
So I guess really - it all boils down to 'it's all about me'.  Self-centeredness in all it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment